Willpower Doesn’t Work – Benjamin Hardy
We rely on willpower to create change in our lives…but what if we’re thinking about it all wrong? In Willpower Doesn’t Work, Benjamin Hardy explains that willpower is nothing more than a dangerous fad – one that is bound to lead to failure. Instead of „white-knuckling” your way to change, you need to instead alter your surroundings to support your goals. This book shows you how.
The world around us is fast-paced, confusing, and full of distractions. It’s easy to lose focus on what you want to achieve, and your willpower won’t last long if your environment is in conflict with your goals – eventually the environment will win out. Willpower Doesn’t Work is the needed guide for today’s overstimulating and addicting environment. Willpower Doesn’t Work will specifically teach you:
- How to make the biggest decisions of your life – and why those decisions must be made in specific settings
- How to create a daily „sacred” environment to live your life with intention and not get sucked into the cultural addictions
- How to invest big in yourself to upgrade your environment and mind-set
- How to put „forcing functions” in your life – so your default behaviors are precisely what you want them to be
- How to quickly put yourself in proximity to the most successful people in the world – and how to adapt their knowledge and skills to yourself even quicker
- How to create an environment where endless creativity and boundless productivity is the norm
Benjamin Hardy will show you that nurture is far more powerful than your nature and teach you how to create and control your environment so your environment will not create and control you.