Annie O’Brien Gonzales felt a passion for art from an early age. But not until 30 years later–after raising a family and working „a real job”–did she get serious about painting. Along the way, she experienced the pleasures and the pitfalls of learning to paint. In these pages, she channels it all to help others discover (or re-discover) The Joy of Acrylic Painting. This guide offers an engaging, streamlined approach for any beginner, but especially those who–due to life detours or lack of time–had previously postponed their artistic aspirations.
In a fun, instantly gratifying style, Gonzales combines the forgiveness of acrylics with the approachability of expressive painting. With special emphasis on the elements of color, pattern and texture, these lessons give you a jump-start on painting with feeling. If now is your time to pursue creative fulfillment, then this is the book to ease your way.
- Strategies for gathering resonant ideas and inspiration
- Practical advice, such as when to splurge and where to save on painting supplies
- Mixed-media techniques for creating character in your paintings
- Inspiration from Expressionist masters, including ways to use their work as a jumping-off point for your own original paintings
- PLUS 8 fabulous start-to-finish painting projects–landscapes, still life, figures and abstracts